Tuesday 15 November 2011

Memory lane

It’s been a while since I have posted up anything so I thought it would be a good time to get back into blogging once again. I did a post quite some time ago during the end of Christmas about my New Year resolutions; I have succeeded-in some.

Let’s walk down memory lane of what my new year’s resolutions were;

1. Save up money. Don't buy things I don't need
2. Do more regular blog posts. More outfit posts
3. Don't leave things last minute- be more organised
4. Pass my driving before my birthday (2 more months to be precise)
5. Update my wardrobe, throw away the clothes I don't wear and buy less dresses
6. Develop my Chinese spoken language 
7. Do more sewing!
8. Learn new recipes and cook a 3 course meal for his family
9. Secure an internship for a year, preferably design internship or merchandising

Five down, four more to go in the next two months, which isn’t exactly good timing but I hope to work my way around it even if it means having to sacrifice hot chocolate, chick flicks and my cosy bed otherwise it would just mean more to add on for next year!

4. Pass my driving test before my birthday – I finally past on my third attempt and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders, for anyone who is putting off driving due to the lack of confidence- trust me, the sooner you pass and get it out the way, the easier it will become for you in the near future and you would not have to worry about it anymore. I personally don’t like the idea of being on the road, and at the moment I don’t need to drive because I am currently living in London and taking the tubes is less expensive and more convenient, but I know that having a license is generally one of the things you may feel you need to get done in life and will make your travel life less complicated and gives you more freedom.

9. Secure an internship for a year, preferably design internship or merchandising – I had an interview in Mid December at Temperley London, I remember rushing to the coach station amid all the traffic, frizzy hair, and sweat running down my face but had felt quite optimistic about it the past few days. However, I got to the station very late and missed the last coach and it was pouring down with rain. I was going to give up the interview because I felt there were no other possible ways of getting there without emptying my wallet out. And at the very last minute my boyfriend had offered to drive the 5 long hours there. And now; I am living in London interning at Temperley- I love the experience. 

Thanks to that special guy in my life I am currently working as a pattern intern in the studio, helping out with pattern cutting, machining, and hand stitching and learning so many new things all the time.

For those of you that don't know, Temperley London is a British fashion label. Its designer Alice Temperley is well known for her focus on beautiful fabrics and hand finishes.Temperley London produces four collections per year; A/W, Cruise, S/S and Pre fall. These include Ready-to-wear, Black Label (Exclusive evening gowns and dresses), Bridal wear, Beach and Accessories.

Temperley London boutique and studio is based in Notting hill, it’s situated in a quiet cobbled mews just 5 minutes walk away from the busy Portobello market.




No comments: