Happy new year to everyone out there, I hope that the new year brings you happiness and all your resolutions come true! I had a lovely new years eve, I went out with my b/f and some friends and have a slight hangover from it.
My new years resolution is to;
1. Save up money. Don't buy things I don't need
2. Do more regular blog posts.More outfit posts
3. Don't leave things last minute- be more organised
4. Pass my driving before my birthday (2 more months to be precise)
5. Update my wardrobe, throw away the clothes I don't wear and buy less dresses
6. Develop my Chinese spoken language
7. Do more sewing!
8. Learn new recipes and cook a 3 course meal for his family
9. Secure an internship for a year, preferably design internship or merchandising
But before any of these can be completed, I need to complete my dissertation. I'm currently in the process of thinking about what to write for my 20th century fashion dissertation and have no clue on how to start on it. I need to focus on 2 specific fashion decades in the 20th century fashion. Any ideas? I was thinking of writing about the change of fashion before the first world war and comparing that to the swinging sixties, so I would be discussing how woman were once dressed with corsets and dressed to show there status. But how the era changed with the influences of drugs, sex and rock and roll.
Or my friend had given me an idea of writing about how fashion has been used to exploit the figure, so I would be discussing and debating about how the mini skirt had become shorter, the use of corset and the flapper dress.
If I write about any of the above, I really don't want to miss out any important details from that decade or subject, so does any of you know anything else that I can include?
I need to get this project done in less than 5 days and on top of that I need to carry on with my revision on marketing, so stressed! Does any of you have anything to do before going back to university/ college?