With spare time on my side I had decided to experiment with my pattern cutting skills, since finishing my placement under a month ago I already miss the constant days and hours by the sewing machine and at the pattern cutting table, so I thought I'd take up this free time and opportunity to work on a new dress for the summer! The dress is inspired by this seasons trend in the draped hem of skirts and my everlasting love for evening gowns. The first few images are of the toil of the dress (purple silk satin), I tried the toil on myself once it was completed but wasn't completely satisfied. So I altered the pattern- shortening the hem and increasing the volume at the centre front bodice, Once happy with the alterations of the pattern, I had decided to go search for a suitable fabric to cut it in (turquoise lightweight linen). I'll post up some images of the final garment once its completed! And I just want to say a big thank you for all the lovely comments on my blog.